Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sketch 26

I actually have 2 cards for you today using this weeks sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

I had one made but wasn't 100% happy with it and had an idea in mind for the second but it got left really late and my little guy has been sick the last couple days so I've been busy with him. I stayed up late last night to finish the second card to have it posted for you today but it just would not photograph for me without some natural light. That said, I will share my first card with you and promise to edit this post later today with the second card I made as well.

This is only the first card... but I couldn't decide on whether or not it should have a sentiment so I made one of each...apparently I am very indecisive lately eh?!
With a sentiment added
No  Sentiment like the sketch
This card uses the CTMH Artbooking cricut cartridge for the overlay and the card base behind it was made by cutting the same overlay in a different size and using the piece of paper I cut from for the one I actually used as a mask I laid the different sized one over it and sponged some crystal blue ink. I also masked off where the overlay went after I added my overlay and sponge whisper ink on. I could have achieved the same effect by layering some whisper cardstock and then patterned paper (or a piece of white with the sponging the overlay technique that I did) and I wouldn't have had to mask so much but I wanted to keep the weight of the card down so I did that by reducing the number of layers of cardstock I used and masking to produce the same layered look. The snowman is also cut from the artbooking cartridge. I hand drew his face on and his scarf is actually the scarf from one of the penguins in Wintry Wishes which is a hostess stamp set. The cartridge actually has a cut for the scarf and face included but I liked this striped scraf better an it fit so perfectly. I also didn't want to fuss with the little bits for his face so opted to drawn it on.

I tore a piece of white daisy for the snow and placed it in front of my snowman after lightly inking the edges with crystal blue (the snowman is inked with it too). I then added some streaks of glitz glitter gel to make the snow look more realistic.

After completing both this card and my second card I have actually decided I like this one better but you'll just have to wait until later today to see my second card to decide which one you like better for yourself. They are absolutely nothing alike as the second card is fall themed, not winter. LOL


Edited to add:

Here is the second card as promised. :)

This one uses our new glitter paper and a cut from the Artbooking cricut cartridge. I adhered it to a piece of Champagne cardstock and then used alcohol markers and a gold metallic marker to colour in the leaves. I used a chocolate marker to colour the tree trunk. The 'ribbon' is bronze shimmer trim. The card base is kraft cardstock.


Now, I'd love for you to go on over to check out what the rest of the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Design Team has in store for you today using this sketch HERE.

I'd really love if you checked out the entries so far this week and played along with us HERE 


6 comments:

  1. I like the card both ways, and can't wait to see the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbigail is sitting on my lap, and she says, "that tree is pretty"....I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sentiment on the Snowman card, and your fall tree is so beautiful.
    Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those cards !! That tree is super awesome Darla !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards the snow man is adorable and that tree WOW. I have seen the tree a lot with the Artbooking but what you did with the glitter paper WOW! Great job!

    ReplyDelete


  
Get widget